My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fear Tactics

I took Coral out last night. Mainly because I wanted to see her, but the fact that my sister is scared of her doesn't really hurt. It's quite amusing, because she is not usually scared of snakes, but my personal striped lightning-bolt makes her queasy. Something I take full advantage of whenever I get the chance.

My baby was her usual crazy self, lunging at everything. What I tell my sister is that Coral is a big bluffer. She might lunge at you, but her mouth is closed, she is not hissing and she doesn't attempt to bite. At all.
I'm on to her, so I just hold on while she squirms and does her fear-mongering routine. Now she's also gotten into the habit of moving the tip of her tail really fast, creating the sound of a rattle. You are not, nor will ever be, a rattlesnake Coral. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment