My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Friday, June 17, 2011

Feeding Frenzy Friday Part 45

Ok, so today was a short feeding day. I'd fed Talulah and Tybalt (who is eating like a greedy little monster) on Wednesday when my sister brought the live pinkies, so I officially had just Coral, Damascus and Odin to feed. Topkapi is shedding so no mice for her.
Damascus ate with no problem, bless his little reptilian soul, but Coral also decided to begin shedding without warning me (I don't really know how she would have done that, but nevermind)so I had to give her mouse to Damascus also. Not a problem for him.

Next was Odin, who is sick. He keeps throwing up his food and I am beyond worried at this point. He's getting fluids but I need him to eat. He always looks hungry but can't seem to keep anythig down. I've checked and rechecked the temperature and humidity in his cage and nothing is off.
Warning: ye of weak stomachs, read no more.

Today I had an idea. I'd been feeding him pinkies that were a little bit bigger than the previous batch which made me think maybe they are too big for him. So, using my little head, I chopped the pinkie in half. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, chopped it in half with a kitchen knife, Ok, this was a frozen/thawed mouse, not a live one. I had visions of PETA knocking on my door.
Odin took it gladly, so now I'm just praying that he can digest it. I really, really hope so.
My poor little sick baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment