My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Monday, March 7, 2011

Tantrum

Yesterday afternoon, I saw that Topkapi's much was quite dirty, so I decided to change it. Problem was, I had no much left. Well, paper towels would not be such a bad idea, right? Oh, foolish, foolish human.
It seemed like I'd dipped her body in acid. As soon as I put her down on the QUILTED, very soft, paper towels, she flinched back and began to circle around her cage, hoping for an exit. Even this morning she still looked as uncomfortable as a snake can look.
It's only for today, Topkapi. Tonight I'll bring clean mulch.
I wish she'd get used to it, though, because paper is so much easier to clean. Way more convenient.
Oh, well. Whoever said keeping snakes was easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment