My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Belly Scales


This is a perfect example of the crazy stuff Topkapi does on a regular basis.

I was sitting, using the computer and of course I have my snake queen on my lap. I was engrossed in whatever I was reading and didn't notice that she was slowly slithering off.
When I realized "hey, where's the snake I had on me?", I shifted my eyes and saw her doing this. Whatever it is.


I'm pretty sure she was trying to scan her belly, but you would have to ask her.

In other news, my sister and I are going nuts trying to catch lizards for Maat. I read in some web pages that corn snakes can sometimes be enticed to eat if the prey item smells like a lizard. Which is all well and good, except where the hell am I going to get a lizard from? Hence the backyard chase sequences we've been stars in. Those little buggers are really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment