My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Elusive Coral


Finally, a picture of Coral!
It's not a perfect picture, I know, but I am always alone when I take her out and I can't really hold on to her and a camera at the same time.
With her it really feels like a rodeo. Some days she lets herself be picked up without issue, then a minute later she starts freaking out, wanting me to PUT HER DOWN. But, if I do, she goes running in the opposite direction at the speed of light, and I run the risk of never seeing her again, so no, I do not put her down.

I am going to try tonight to feed Maat a fresh pinkie. My sister is going to bring a live one and I will inch my way a little more into the gates of hell by killing it first and then offering it to her. The best way to do this (I have done it before) is to put the mouse in a bag and smack it against the wall or the floor as fast and as hard as you can. It sounds monstrous and it is, but it is also instantaneous. Hopefully she eats, although I am sure Tybalt will take it if she doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment