My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Apocalypse NOW

It is looking really ugly down here. I've checked the clock repeatedly because I can't believe it's only 5:30. It looks so dark outside.
Of course, our basset hound Dublin, is in the middle of a panic attack, and Chaos is patiently working on ignoring him.
When I took Topkapi out this morning I put her on the kitchen table while I put some dishes away. She started slithering around, flicking out her tongue, nothing out of the ordinary. I kept going with the dishes and when I turn back around she was on the floor. How did she get there that fast? I didn't hear a clunking sound, so she didn't fall. She must have acquired superpowers while I wans't paying attention, OR she is the world's fastest snake. Either way I have a famous snake in my hands.

I was planning on taking Barbossa outside today but the apocalyptic look of the sky otside does not bode well. I'm sure that as soon as I put him outside and sit to start reading we'll both get soaked. Miami weather, ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment