My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Monday, August 2, 2010

Melodies

The Internet at my house has been on the fritz so I haven't been able to log on for a few days. Technology is so moody.

Talulah has finished shedding and she is looking so cute. I have to take some more pictures of her and of Tybalt, because they have grown so much. They're looking like big chunky snakes. I'm such a proud mamma.

Damascus has looking a little scruffy even though he shed recently, so today I soaked him for the first time. I expected a lot of squirming and escape attempts but he behaved like the little angel he is. He was even relaxed enough to drnk water while he soaked. After about 20 minutes, I took him out, dried him and put baby oil on him. Hopefully that will help him if he's a bit dehydrated. I don't think he is, but better safe than sorry.

I am reading 'Delirium' by Laura Restrepo. Like an idiot, I picked it up at the library in English, when the original is in Spanish, and guess what, duh, I read Spanish. I'm such a moron. I'm always talking about how books are much better in their original language and there I go and grab a translated book of a language that I can actually read.
Anyway, the book is very good. Her writing is in the style of Isabel Allende and Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It is a milder form of magical realism, which I love. A really touching portrayal of madness and the love of a husband and wife. It's a melodius book.

No comments:

Post a Comment