My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Chosen One


I can't believe I caught these pictures. Seeing Barbossa yawn is seeing something unique, sacred, something that the ancients have whispered about around campsite bonfires, something only the very brave and very lucky ever see.

Ok, that's a tad bit exaggerated, but who knows, maybe someone somewhere is rejoicing and exclaiming "Finally the prophecy is fulfilled!".
It could happen is all I'm saying.




He is hilarious. My other snakes just open their mouths and yawn, simple and to the point, but Barbossa takes it to a whole other level. First, his whole face starts to twitch (the first time I saw this I thought he was having a stroke), then he lifts one corner of his mouth followed by the other and finally opens his mouth as far as it will go. I wasn't able to get a picture of the full extended jaw, because my camera was being an idiot, but you get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment