My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Saturday, March 20, 2010

Full Bellies

It's been pretty boring around my house today. All the snakes have been lazily laying under their heat lamps, digesting their meals for the week, so I have been on serpent withdrawal.
Snakes take a substantial amount of time to fully digest their food. If someone moves them before they've had a chance to process it, they might throw their food up, which would not be pretty for me or for them. So I err on the side of caution when it comes to moving them after they've fed.
Topkapi is the exception. Isn't she always? Twenty-four hours after eating, she is ready to explore. So at least tomorrow I'll be able to handle her.
I checked today to see how CocoRosie liked her new shawl/blanket and she seems to be really enjoying it. She spent the day curled up under it, flicking out her tongue when I lifted the covering, to see who dared disturb her. She is such a bully. But as long as she's happy (and bullying me seems to make her quite happy) then everything is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment