My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, March 11, 2010

Leverage

Today I went to my acting class. I go every Tuesdays and Thursdays, and today's exercise was very interesting. We are working on portraying status, and we had a little "party" today. We all had to bring something to eat or drink. When we got to class we were given a poker card, from ace to 10, and that was your status, the ace being the lowest of the low and the 10 being the highest of the high. We then had to behave as a person of that status would. This was extremely fun to do, and on the first exercise I was given a 9, which was even better. I am naturally bossy, not rude by any means, but I never realized how mean I could really be. I was ordering and pushing people around, as nasty as can be. To think that some people are really like that.
The next exercise, we were given a card but we were not allowed to look at it. We had to hold it in front of us and then, by analyzing the way other people treated us, we had to guess what number we were. This time I was a 4, and it's amazing how much other people's behavior towards me changed the way I behaved. It was an enlightening class (apart from being able to enjoy some good food people brought, and some awesome coffee our teacher brewed)
Anyways, today I haven't had much time to handle my snakes, but I did take Barbossa out on his daily walk. I usually take him outside to our backyard, he walks all around our pool, but today it was raining so I had to let him stretch inside. He does not enjoy this as much, and he takes a while to get started, but finally he decided that the upstairs hallway was better than nothing. Here are some pictures of him stretching himself.

Here he is before he decided to move. He was flicking his tongue out, checking the environment out. By the way, that's not his book, it's mine :) It's Fortunata y Jacinta, a very good book by Benito Perez Galdos, a challenging read but really well written.

This is Barbossa checking out my foot (aren't my socks cute?) No, it is not food.

And finally, here he is around an old gasoline sign. It's actually an antique that my parents bought God knows where, but for him it's just leverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment