My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Monday, January 31, 2011

Barbossa's Tantrum

Barbossa is refusing to eat. He has finished shedding and he should be hungry but nope, nothing doing.
I got him two mice yesterday, naively hoping he'd get over whatever it is that is bothering him, but he coiled back in horror at what I'd placed in front of his eyes. I tried again today and the same thing. What's wrong, Barbossa? Is it that I'm not walking you outside as much as you like? But it's cold, and you'll get sick if I take you for a stroll, or slither, around the pool. You'd be a boa popsicle. I'm sorry you don't like winter, if there was a way for me to make the days hot and humid the way you like them, I would, but I do not possess that skill. Please eat. Please, please, please, please, please, please eat.
Don't make me worry like that.

In other news, I went to see Black Swan on Saturday, and oh, wow. It is one of the best, most gorgeous films I've seen in a long while. Some of the imagery really stays with you. If you get a chance, go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment