My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Friday, January 7, 2011

Feeding Frenzy Friday Part 34

Odin ate and Damascus ate. That was all for today since everyone else is in the midst of a shed.
I have to share something that happened the other day with Barbossa. It was a day or two after I'd done the cleaning in the snake room, and in the spirit of updating things I gave Barbossa a much bigger water bowl. OK, it's more of an unused glass casserole pan, but he doesn't know that. I thought it'd be great for him to lay in since he appears to be entranced by water. The only problem is that it's too big to allow room for the basket he also has in his cage. I decided to try it out and see how it went.
Well, it went badly. Barbossa loved the bowl but I saw him start pacing his cage. Yesterday I saw him looking up, longing in his eyes. I knew I'd screwed up and he missed his hiding place. But how to give him another one and keep the bowl he likes?
I put an old soft towel in there and hoped for the best. Apparently, he likes it. He's been hiding under it for the past day. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment