My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chaotic Adventure


That's my camping luggage, as I call them, packed full of carefully selected items that will last me until Sunday afternoon. I am soooo excited!

So this morning my sister and I had an interesting few minutes. The pool guy came and cleaned the pool and obviously thought that closing the backyard gate was too much trouble. I let Chaos and Dublin out, my Rottweiler and Basset Hound. Can you see where this is going?
Dublin s scared of the rain, and it was pouring this morning, so he stayed inside, but Chaos decided it was time to explore.
I went about my morning tasks until I realized, hey I don't have a black nose sticking itself everywhere I go. I looked everywhere, but of course he was gone.
My sister and I set out in different directions through our neighborhood, to see where the hell he was. Fortunately, after walking a block I caught sight of him. I called his name, but he looked terrified, he didn't recognize me until I got a few feet in front of him. He was soaked to the bone and very frightened. He had been hanging out on someone's driveway, hoping it was his house.
Let me show you what he looks like:



Now picture him wet and scared. He looked truly miserable.
He was so happy to see me and our house. It's incredible to me that he was only a block away and had no clue where he was. He could have been in Timbuktu. I was and am quite relieved. From now on, I'm going to have to check the gate every time the pool guy comes. I know it was raining, but buddy, come one, it's not acid, take two seconds and close the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment