My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, November 11, 2010

Red Lights

Since the weather here has been a little chilly, I've left two red lights burning at night in the snake room. This does not bother them and it provides warmth. It makes the room look a bit like a brothel, but whatever.
Last night, I went into the darkened room to get something and I see Damascus, by the glare of the red light, attempting another prison break.
What the hell is so horrible about the cage you're in, Damascus? Is it me, do you no longer find our relationship fulfilling?
I went to check on him half an hour later and he had retreated into his hiding place to sulk. For now, at least, he resigned himself to his situation.

I also fed him today because he was acting like he was starving. That's what he gets for missing the last meal. He ate with no problem, as usual.

I'm so glad he is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment