My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gravity Defying Snake...Not

I am sitting on the floor in the upstairs hallway, the laptop balanced precariously on my lap, while I watch Barbosa try to climb the wall. That's not a metaphor for anything, he very literally is trying to climb the walls. Who knows why. He's not having too much success at it, not surprisingly, since he weighs more than say, an ant or a spider. It's not going to happen, shy one.


So tomorrow my sister and I are going to the book fair. It takes place annually here in Miami and it is fabulous! Tons of authors come to speak and you can find great deals on used books. I am giddy with excitement! It lasts until Sunday and I am planning on going all three days. On Sunday I'm going to listen to Lev Grossman talk about his book "The Magicians". I hated it, but I rad it as part of my book club and we all have a question or two as to why it was so bad. I won't actually word it that way because I don't want to be thrown out of the event for injuring the author's pride. We'll see what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment