My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Monday, November 29, 2010

Hunger

Barbossa finished shedding today so he gets his three mice when my parents come back from work. When I opened his cage to give him water this morning, he raise his head in expectation. Sorry Barbossa, but later, I promise.
Yesterday Topkapi scared me half to death. I brought her out and gave her water, as per usual, and then I handed her over to my sister so I could put some dishes away. My sister wrapped her Topkapi around her neck, which I don't do but why not? A few minutes later, I turn my head and I see my snake baby drooling, long lines of drool. I've seen them do it before, but only when they have the scent of mice close to them. They salivate just like we do.
I freaked a bit, took hold of her and checked her, but she seemed fine. My mom pointed out that my sister had been eating a piece of cold meat and maybe Topkapi had caught a whiff of it and decided she might like to have a taste. I don't know, I guess it could be, but I'm still a little on edge. She didn't do it this morning, though, which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment