My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Sunday, November 14, 2010

Stop that Train!

Everyone has been doing great for the past few days. All my babies have been at their very best behavior. I wonder what they're planning.

Yesterday, after my French class, I went to the movies to see "Unstoppable". I didn't particularly NEED to see it, but since there was nothing else playing that I'd prefer, I shrugged my shoulders and bought the ticket.
I'm really glad I did. The movie was really cool. I was not bored for a single moment, which is pretty good considering some of the more recent stuff that's been in theaters lately. The acting was good, Denzel Washington was quite funny and endearing, and the whole runaway train thing was pretty frightening.
I don't want to give too much away, but at one point when some cops are trying to bring the train to a stop by shooting at an emergency stop button on the side of one of the carts, one of the characters says that they can't really do that too much because the button is right next to the fuel tank. One guy sitting a few rows ahead of me burst into laughter, which prompted the rest of us to do the same. It was quite an interesting moment. We weren't making fun of the movie, we were making fun of the stupidity of the human race in general. Really, and emergency power button next to the oil tank? Only humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment