My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Happy Turkey Day!

Hope your bird is in the oven already or you'll be eating at midnight. Mine is already cozied in there, baking away in its sauce.
Yesterday I baked and baked until I thought my hands would always smell like butter, but I am done with that now, desserts at the ready for tonight.

Yesterday I wasn't able to take too many snakes out because of said afternoon chores, but I made it up to Topkapi today by letting her sit with me for about an hour and a half this morning.
Barbossa is still shedding, so he wants nothing to do with the outside world, but I wish you could see Coral. Sparkling and new.

Something amusing happened yesterday morning. I was sitting at the kitchen table when I saw Vinicius chase something across the room. It was a little bird, probably a sparrow. The door was open so the bird flew right out. A few minutes later, I see him inching his way up the door step and into the house. He explored everything, he walked on the floor, stood on the arms of the hatstand, flew to the kitchen. He thought he owned the house. Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment