My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Something New


The one and only Coral, of course. I took her out this morning to feed her and I was able to keep a hold of her while I pounced on my phone to see if I could get a picture. Voila.
I decided to feed her today instead of waiting until Friday. She's missed about three weeks of mice, so although a few more days of waiting wouldn't make much of a difference, why make her wait?
She ate in a very interesting position. Today she decided that she was feeling needy, and so she wrapped herself around my hand, as you see in the picture. I placed her in the container where I feed her and put the mouse in front of he. At this point she usually wants to explore all around the container, but today she stayed wrapped around my hand. She didn't bother striking at the mouse, I think she's on to me. Yes, Coral they're frozen/thawed mice., it's better for you than live ones. She started swallowing with the majority of her coils still holding on to me. I thought there was no way she could swallow in that position, but I was wrong. I learned something new toay, snakes can swallow prey in whatever position they like, and the feel of a mouse going down a snake's gullet is interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment