My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, September 9, 2010

Steamy, Dreamy Clouds

I'm a bit disappointed in the humidifier I bought a few weeks ago. I guess I had a little fantasy going on in my head of me walking into a beautifully steaming room and each snake happy and with a big grin on his or her face.
Not surprising I'm disappointed because I would have to create an alternate universe where snakes can grin to make this dream work.

Anyway, I filled the humidifier with a good amount of water, a pinch of salt, and I plugged it in.
A few hours later and there is only a wimpy stream of steam (ha) making it's way into the room. And which is of course being completely massacred by the air-conditioning.
I placed the humidifier really close to the snakes that are shedding, so hopefully they are reaping some benefits from it.
It also has a night light, which I thought was kind of cool, although I'm sure the manufacturers were thinking more in the way of keeping a child happy, not 7 fearsome snakes who happen to be mostly nocturnal.
Fearsome. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment