My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, September 22, 2010

To Be or Not to Be

Damascus has finished shedding and he looks gorgeous!
I guess I am going to have to give the humidifier SOME credit, even if it is reluctantly done. I love having fights with inanimate objects. Sometimes I feel like just throwing a glove at the toaster and challenging it to a duel.

Barbossa is not done yet. I have been placing him in his steam baths and slathered him with baby oil, so we'll see how he ends up shedding. I'm hoping to take him out after I'm finished writing this, so he can soak up some Miami moisture. There is plenty to spare, believe me.

It is getting perilously close to Halloween and I still have no costume. I wanted to be Medusa, because, hello, having snakes in my hair is my job description. But we'll see.
Last year I was Cleopatra, so if anything, I could dress up as her again. I don't know, I am torn. It also has to be a costume that I can pack up and take to the next Florida Pagan Gathering, which is in early November. It celebrates Samhain, which is Halloween in Pagan-speak. I'm so excited, I'm already having dreams of setting up my tent. I'm such a camping dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment