My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, September 30, 2010

Strange Activities

Barbossa is pacing his cage. Do you think he is training for a marathon?
Neither do I.

I'm sure he's just looking for a place to poop, which means I'll have to check throughout the day so His Royal Highness doesn't throw a hissy fit.

Topkapi has been behaving really well for the past few days. I'm getting a bit scared of this exemplary behavior. It never bodes well with her.

Last night I offered Maat a live pinkie. I placed it at the opening of her hiding place, moved it around (sorry mouse) and then left it inside. I turned off the lights, since sometimes snakes like to eat in complete darkness. If the mouse were bigger I would never have done this because it's not safe to the snake, but since it was a baby mouse it was fine. I checked on them 20 minutes later and Maat had left the premises. She refused to take it, yet again. I sighed and gave her Pedialyte.

I handed the mouse over to Tybalt who ate it in about three seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment