My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pillow Talk


That's Topkapi having a nap inside my pillow. I took her out in the morning and placed her on my bed while I put some stuff away. When I finished,I turned around and she was making a bee line for my pillows. I guess it was too early for her.

Poor Coral is shedding and she is looking really dull. More than usual. Her eyes are powder blue and she is also more skittish than she is normally, which is saying a lot. I haven't used the humidifier yet because Coral is smart and she goes and soaks in her water bowl. If on top of that I use the machine she'd get a respiratory infection easily. Hopefully she'll shed soon so she can eat on Friday.

I am baking some Banana Peach Bread, here's the recipe.

1/2 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 bananas
2 peaches
zest of one orange
2 tbsp. fresh orange juice

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix the dry ingredients. Put peaches in blender and pulse. Place in a bowl and add mashed bananas. Add zest.
Cream the butter, add eggs one at a time. Add fruit mixture and orange juice.
Add to dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened.
Bake 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment