My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, December 30, 2010

Beauty Kings and Queens


That's a fer-de-lance, most certainly not one of my babies, but one I saw today when I went to the Miami Zoo.
Today is my mom's birthday so we decided to spend the day roaming the large and beautiful zoo we have. I think it's the only worthwhile thing Miami has to offer. There are so many animals, so well kept, that it's something to really be proud of in this city.



That one is a bushmaster, the longest viper in the world. I think he or she is gorgeous.



And that's an eyelash viper. They are called so because of the protruding scale above the eye. They have many colorations, but I think my favorite is this bright yellow. It's incredible.

By the way, another of my poems is up, you can find it here: http://berg-gasse19.com/2010/12/29/guilty-conscience/

No comments:

Post a Comment