My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Sunday, December 5, 2010

Harry Potter and the Missing Snake

No Damascus yet. I've been keeping the nightlight on so he can make his way to it during the night hours, but so far, zilch.
My dad is in a bit of a panic, afraid to find a snake under every tea cup and sofa cushion, regardless of my numerous comments on Damascus's fabulous personality.
I hope I find him soon.
I will attempt to feed Barbossa today. Hopefully the trauma of being bitten on the nose by the last mouse I offered has worn down enough for him to consider striking. Barbossa, seriously, you're a huge predator!
I have Topkapi on my keyboard right now, so any weird spelling things are purely her fault.

Yesterday I set off to the library after my French class and then to the mall to do a bit of shopping and watch the new Harry Potter. Of course, there was a showing that had started about two minutes before I bought the tickets and the following one would be almost three hours later. I got in line to buy the ticket for the one that had just started. I hate going into a movie after it already began, but it had really only been five minutes, and we usually spend at least ten in previews. So I got in line. There were only three groups of people in front of me, waiting to buy tickets. Not bad, I'd seen worse. But, of course, the mother and two kids in front of me had about a million coupons and promotion codes to try to get the lost price on their tickets. I am not lying, I spent fifteen minutes waiting for them to be done. When I say the fifteen minutes turning to sixteen I said, you know what, forget it, I'll come back another time. Why do these things always seem to happen? It's like something out of a cliched sitcom!

No comments:

Post a Comment