My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stubborn Snakes

I hope my baby is alright. It was really cold last night and I couldn't get the picture of him huddling in some shoe somewhere out of my head. My poor Damascus.
OK, so Barbossa is officially throwing a tantrum. He refused the two mice I got him on Sunday, still brushing his nose against the glass, showing me where the last mouse bit him. Barbossa, there's nothing there! If I had seen blood or even the tiniest cut, do you think I would have left you to languish in pain? No, I would have put Neosporin on the wound and coddled you even more than I usually do, but there's nothing there! You are fine! Please eat this Sunday.
And I actually killed one of the two mice. It's not pretty and I'm not proud of it but I did it in the attempt to get Barbossa to eat. I thought if it wasn't moving around but still smelled fresh, maybe he'd take it. So I killed it, I won't go into details because I don't want to write it and I'm sure you don't want to read it, but still he wanted nothing to do with it.
I offered it to Coral...nothing. I offered it to Topkapi, but since the scent of other snakes was already on it, my snake queen turned her head away in disgust. It's incredible, a room full of adult snakes and not one of them deigned to take a perfectly good mouse! Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment