My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bloody Freezing!

It is freezing outside! I love it, but I can't help but think about all the poor reptiles out there freezing. Last year there were a huge number of them dying because of the suddenly cold weather. Poor babies. My home is open if any of you want to slither or crawl here.

Barbossa refused food on Sunday yet again. It's probably the cold, but he's making me a little worried. Two years ago he had a hunger strike and he didn't eat for about three months, but hopefully this is not a repeat. For now, I'll take him out to move around a bit less so I don't waste his energy sources.

Damascus is still not back. He's probably curled up inside a shoe or something (even though I've checked and rechecked) waiting the cold spell out. He's hibernating while I ransack the house and think of hiring a rescue squad.
Mean snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment