My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bossy Parents

The little blue jay baby is doing great. He is still outside in the container, and his parents are feeding him right in there. He's so unbearably adorable. The parents, however, are a pain in the ass. They have our poor dogs tortured. Anytime one of them goes outside, he gets pecked in the head, screamed at and otherwise molested by these birds.
They also stand on the chairs around the patio table and look inside, especially if I'm sitting at the computer. They face me and scream at me, ready to crash through the glass if necessary.
I was planning on taking Barbossa outside, because he doesn't have blue eyes anymore, but with those two hanging around it's going to be impossible. Barbossa would need years of therapy if a bird attacked him, and I just don't have the time to drive him to psychoanalysis sessions.
Right now a grackle came down to eat some of the food that I put for the blue jay parents, and he is also being harassed. He's looking around like "what the hell did I get myself into?" It's pretty amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment