My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Friday, June 18, 2010

Feeding Frenzy Friday Part 12

I'm done feeding snakes for the morning. It went really quickly today.
Me: "Here's the mouse, Damascus"
Damascus: CHOMP
Second verse, same as the first (except substitute Talulah)
Coral is shedding and Barbossa is shedding, it's like the whole world wants new shiny, skin. I feel left out.
I think Topkapi is laughing at me. She is curled up in my lap, being her adorable, bossy self. She drank her water, of course, and she is preparing herself to explore her surrounding.

Remember that presence I felt a few days ago, when I was doing one of my rituals? Well, I've been feeling it off and on since then, but today it was at full force. As soon as I started chanting, there it was. It made no noise today, but still it is a bit distracting. I have to really concentrate on concentrating.
I was flipping through the chapters in the book I'm using as my guide, and I found that after doing the next ritual after the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (the one I'm doing now) for a while, I COULD start hearing or seeing things or both. They are entities, he calls them "little nasties" that have always been around, but now, with training the magician can see them. So, I'm not going crazy, I'm just a little ahead of the class.
It's not really frightening and he stresses that they can't really hurt you. Obviously this is something that I have to get used to if I am going to be calling up and using the "big nasties" in the future.
My sister is not too happy with it. I told her about it, probably a mistake, but I love scaring her. If she thought my room was freaky before, ha, now she refuses to even go in.
I don't call myself a white or black magician, very few people are. Most of us are what is called grey magicians. We do a bit of both. It's interesting because a lot of the ones out there who deal mostly in healings are practicing a lot of black magick without realizing it. For a healing to be white magick, you have to have the consent of the person to be healed. If not, you are forcing your will on someone else's. I love stating that little fact to people who tell me, dripping with self-righteousness, "no, I only use my powers for good, you know, to heal". It's quite amusing.
Black magick, of course, is doing things to harm other people, anything when you impose yourself on someone else's subconcious. So, love spells, hexes, curses, etc.
As tempting as they sometimes are, Karma is a bitch, so I try to stay away.

But those "healers" crack me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment