My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Monday, June 28, 2010

Eyes with Legs

I'm holding Miss Topkapi in my lap right now. I was not able to take her out this morning because I had a voice lesson at 11:00. A lot of people don't like to sing in the morning because it's a bit harder to warm up, but I've always done fine. I went to a special arts high school that was really far from my house, so I had to get up at 5:30 every morning to get there on time, so I'm used to dealing with my body very early, I have to kind of reign it in and make it pay attention to what I want it to do.
It also helped to train me that, for example, in my senior year, I had my hardest class first thing in the morning. My brain was and still is, alert from the moment I wake up.

I've been reading the "Dark Tower" series by Stephen King. I'm in book 6, called "Song of Susannah", and I have just one more book to go. I'm dreading reading that last book and finishing the series. I had the same feeling, of course, reading the last Harry Potter book, and the last Dragonlance Legends volume. It really sucks, but I want to find out how it ends! In the case of Harry Potter, I was really happy to see him win (although Voldermort was pretty cool). In the case of Dragonlance, however, I was almost to the point of tears with Raistlin and Caramon (if you don"t know who these two are, please go read the books). It's amazing how much books can influence your life. For me its always been more important than movies or television. I consider books on the same level as music or magick, and for me, that's saying a lot.
I looooooooooove books!

No comments:

Post a Comment