My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Doors and Shops


That's Barbossa trying to get into my room. He doesn't realize just how big he is. He thinks "well, my head fits, so I'll be fine". I really have to keep an eye on him or he could get completely stuck, and then what the hell do I do? Can you imagine, taking the door off it's hinges so I can rescue Barbossa?
I actually had to do that, but with the library's closet door. That was when I first got him and I mistakenly thought he was a wise old snake and knew better that to try to get his big coils through a tiny, little, space. Thank the Gods it was only the closet door.

A bit of profile.

I had to bake the same cookies I baked last week, again yesterday. My sister insisted. They have become a favorite of hers, although she always tells me that none of the cookies are as good as the ones I made for Christmas years ago. These were chocolate and vanilla pinwheel cookies that I have not been able to reproduce, mainly because I have no idea where I got the recipe from. I have tried different pinwheel recipes for my sister to taste, but none of them compare to the mythical Christmas ones. I didn't taste them all those years ago (I rarely try what I bake), so I have no clue what I can add to make them the same. I know the recipe came from a magazine, probably one of my mom's Victoria or Country Living issues, but she has soooo many that I am daunted by the task of going through all of them. If any of you have great pinwheel cookie recipes, I'd be glad to try them out.
By the way, I have an Etsy account where you can order pretty much all I bake, even if it's not posted. My shop is called "Carabosse's Bakeshop", you can type it into Google and it comes up, or go directly to Etsy.
If you see something you like, in the shop or here in the blog, don't be shy, I don't bite...much.

No comments:

Post a Comment