My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Sunday, June 27, 2010

Our Hot Saturday

Barbossa finished shedding yesterday, and he ate two mice with gusto. Right now, he is curled up in a wicker basket he has in his cage, sleeping off the meal. It's such a great feeling to have all my snake babies fed. Relief for an already anxious mind.

I still don't know what's going to happen to the carpet python that's in the center my sister works at. She has not eaten, but she is being walked every day. It's fantastic that she's getting the care that she needs, but now that she is moving around and burning calories she needs fuel. I gave my sister Pedialyte to take to work, but she's not sure if the snake drank any of it. What she really needs now is fluids injected into her system, but the "bosses" are not sure if that's the best option. No, letting an animal starve seems much better. Morons.
Apparently another vet checked her out and saw some black gunk in the poor snake's mouth, and she said "Oh, this doesn't look good". Period. No game plan, treatment options, nothing, she just made the observation a three-year-old could have made and then moved on to the next victim. Where's the protocol of swabs to be examined, blood-work drawn up? Isn't it a rehab facility, or am I hallucinating again?

Yesterday my sister and I were planning on going to the movies, but when we checked what was playing, we decided not to go to the mall. There really wasn't much worthwhile. She wanted to see "Get Him to the Greek", but since she would have had to knock me unconscious, gag me, and then drag me to get me in the theater to see it, she reconsidered. We stayed home and watched scary movies instead. Ha, I win.
We watched "The Wolfman", which we'd recently bought and had already seen. I think I'm getting old because I don't remember if I wrote anything about it. To be safe all I'm going to say is it's pretty good.
We also watched "The Exorcism of Emily Rose", which is one of my favorite scary movies. It's just very smart and different from your run-of-the-mill exorcism stories. It's also based on true events which makes it even freakier.

We also had a bit of trouble with our air-conditioner. It stopped working. Let me tell you, Miami heat indoors is not fun. We went to the pool to cool off, and then we had Coconut Mojitos. Jealous?
The air-conditioner is now fixed, thank the Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment