My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Media Frustration


If you were to pick up my phone and press any of the keys, this is what you would see. The beautiful profile of Topkapi laying on my bed. She makes me smile every time I use my phone.
She's been really lazy for the last few days, not really doing much. I took her out today before I started practicing my music and put her on my bed, to see if that would get her into her exploring mood, but no, she just headed straight for my pillows and curled up. Since snakes are deaf (they do feel low vibrations), I can practice all I want without disturbing her. Sometimes I practice in the library, where my cat Ophelia lives, who can most definitely hear, and SHE does not enjoy it one bit. I've stopped doing that because it doesn't do much for my ego to see her with her ears pulled back in disgust.

Why is there nothing worthwhile to watch on TV? Really, I flip through the channels and nothing. Not one measly snake show. But it's not just right now, it's pretty much all the time. I'm reluctantly watching "True Blood" on Sundays, but it's such a weird show. I have no problem with the concept, with the gore (which does seem a little tamer this season), but when the two main characters are so revolting in every way, I really can't be that enthusiastic about it.
I watch "Dexter", which is a fabulous show, but it's not on until September. "House" is another one that I used to love (because I am obsessed with anything remotely resembling Sherlock Holmes), but that has now been disappointing me in its romantic blather. Sherlock Holmes would never be in love, tsk, tsk. But I guess they had to make House a bit more human-like.
I used to love "The Cleaner" but that's been cancelled, and "In Treatment" another obsession at my house, is on shaky ground. There's supposed to be a third season, but who really knows?
Anyway, I just wanted to get the frustration out of my system before I throw the remote at the TV.

This is why I love books.

No comments:

Post a Comment