My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Friday, June 25, 2010

Feeding Frenzy Friday Part 13

Everyone has eaten today. Tybalt of course had his live pinkie on Wednesday, so he did not eat today. Talulah was really feisty, striking repeatedly and then wanting more food. Coral shed yesterday so she was really hungry. She is getting used to being handled, now she doesn't freak out quite as much. It was funny because my mom asked me a couple of nights ago to bring her down so she could see her, and when i did she was actually scared of her jerky movements. I told her that Coral is mostly bluffing, she really doesn't bite, but she's so fast that it gives you the impression she is striking. I had to put her away. My mom actually saw her now that she is calmer, can you imagine if she'd seen her a few months ago when she was still an ophidian lightning bolt?

I just finished baking. I made cookies today. Here is the recipe:

1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. orange extract

Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix butter, sugar, orange extract together. In other bowl, mix flour, salt, nuts. Add to sugar mixture. Spoon into pan, bake 10 minutes. If you like, roll in powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment