My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fowl Play

Both Topkapi and Barbossa are getting ready to shed. I've been submitting them to the spa treatment and they seem to be enjoying themselves.
Well, kind of. When I spread baby oil on Barbossa this morning he had a mini panic attack. Flailing his tail all over the place in fright. You'd think, since I do this every damn time he sheds, he'd get used to it.
Topkapi is not fazed, but that's to be expected when you have a reptile queen in your household. Pampering is just part of the deal.

It's getting a bit out of control on my doorstep. Every morning when I head out for my walk, there is a momma duck with her five ducklings (although by now they are looking pretty big, almost as big as she is) waiting for food. Now, to that waddling crew, add two and sometimes three random cats and you'll get what I find right outside my door. Some of the cats, okay, are looking really well fed so I'm sure that they have proper homes somewhere. They all stare at me with sad eyes. If they could squeeze out a tear, they would. So I go back inside and bring out food.

It's hilarious because sometimes the ducks come back in the afternoon, and to make sure I know they are out there waiting, they start peeping and just making such a racket that I have to go out there to get them to quiet down.
I'm being manipulated by fowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment