My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Gecko

So now we have a gecko. Don't ask me why or how, but my mom decided she NEEDED one to survive.
I really can't blame her, he is ridiculously adorable. His name is Mercutio. So now, we have two Shakespearean characters residing in our home. If they start speaking in an English accent we might have to take drastic renaming measures. Somehow I think that's not going to be a problem.

I fed Coral a live mouse today, to get her back on her feeding schedule. She always seems reluctant to eat after shedding.
I've never offered her an adult, live mouse so I wondered what she would do. I was ready with my tongs to pull the mouse out if I saw it get aggressive, or if she got too scared. I underestimated my beautiful Coral.
She is a complete, perfect, predator. It took her about five minutes to strike, kill, and eat. I was so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment