My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jailer

So, Odin is fitting in beautifully. He is still a bit on edge, but that's to be expected. He was obviously not handled enough while he was growing and that makes nervous snakes even more nervous.
Damascus has remained in his cage, Hallelujah! It seems the maximum security I've provided is working out. Think barbed wire, motion detectors and guard dogs.
Yeah, I'm exaggerating, except for the guard dogs, well, guard CATS, but still. I am watching him like a hawk. Every time I leave the room I point to my eyes and to him in the old "I'm watching you" sign. He must think I'm nuts.

I am baking Challah today.
I am using this recipe:

3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. warm water
1 package active dry yeast
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 tbsp. salt
4 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cups butter, melted
1 tbsp. water
1 egg

Put yeast in water and honey. Let set for 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, salt, and butter. Slowly add the flour.
Knead and let rise in a warm place for two hours. Knead again. Shape into whatever shape you like, place in prepared pan and let rise 2 more hours. Then beat egg and water to make the glaze.
Spread over the top of the bread. Bake at 375 F. for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment