My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Shenanigans

Topkapi has shed and she looks stunning, like always. I think she knows it because she is preening more than usual.
This morning, when I took her out, I was on the computer. Obviously this offended her because she decided to cause as much trouble as she could. She pressed the keys on the keyboard, she got under the keyboard and lifted it up so I couldn't type, she crawled behind the monitor, and the tour de force, she turned the same monitor off. From the back. She actually unplugged it.
I was shocked, but also in awe of her manipulating skills. I bow to you, mistress.

OK, Mercutio sleeps the whole entire day. I know he's nocturnal, but I expected a little more action during the day. He doesn't even twitch a foot. I checked, multiple times, and yes, he is alive. At least he has eyelids, unlike snakes, so I can see when he's sleeping.
I actually sat by his cage for about ten minutes to see if he was just waiting for me to leave to move but nothing. Of course, now that I think about it, what did I really prove?
Faulty reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment