My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Monday, May 17, 2010

Bed Time Stories

A funny thing happened a few days ago. I took Topkapi out in the morning like always, and I left her cage door open, like always. I spent some time with her and when it was time to put her back I went into the library/snake room and I leaned down to place her inside her cage. And there, as snug as a bug in a rug was Ophelia, my adorable female cat. At first my eyes didn't really register what they were seeing, something so crazy did not make much sense to my senses. I shook my head and she was still there, so I wasn't going completely crazy just yet. Poor Topkapi also looked a little put off, I thought I saw her wrinkling her nose in disgust. Now she would have to sweep her home of all that nasty cat hair. I kid, of course...she'll make me do it.
All our animals are nuts.

Last night, my mom called me into her room to show me our other female cat Tika's face. It was really swollen on one side. She is a black cat so it's hard to see much in her fur, but we did see a little puncture mark on the side of her face. I think something bit her and she had an allergic reaction. We carefully examined her, touching very gently the side that was swollen and she didn't seem at all in pain. She was purring away, not a care in the world. This morning the swelling was completely down. I still put a bit of Peroxide on it, just to make sure nothing gets infected, but she looks back to normal.
That's the thing with keeping so many animals, there's never a lack of excitement.

Today has felt inordinately long hasn't it? I, for one, can't wait to turn off the lights and go to bed. I still have a number of animal-related tasks to do, so it will be some time before I can head up to sleep...plus it is only about 5 in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment