My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Friday, May 28, 2010

Feeding Frenzy Friday Part 10

I didn't have time to write yesterday, but I have great news (well, at least for me) Tybalt ate on Wednesday night! My sister was pretty late coming home from work since she went out to eat afterwards, the Gods know how she managed that bit of multi-tasking with a live baby mouse in her bag, but as soon as she got home I rushed to feed him. I had already turned off the snake lights, but I brazenly said screw it and turned them on. I moved him to a separate container and I placed the baby mouse in front of him. I will not describe what happened next because I am working efficiently to block that evil action on my part from my memory, so all I will say is he ate!!! Yay!!!

Today is of course feeding day. No one had the least bit of trouble eating. I did not even attempt to feed CocoRosie, she was certainly not going to eat after all the pestering I've been doing, and all I would have done is aggravate her further. No point.
Coral ate with surprising speed and then was on the look-out to escape from her feeding container. I have learned from my mistakes, so I do place something heavy on top of the lid to make sure she doesn't go Houdini on me.
Damascus of course ate without issue, Gods bless his little cold reptilian soul.

I finished "Under the Skin" this morning and the best word I can use to describe is "blah". It's a "Blah" book, not terrible but not exciting, or even really entertaining. If you like sci-fi maybe it's okay, but I doubt even using that genre's criteria would elevate it to amusing. Truly disappointing after reading "The Crimson Petal and the White".
I started to read, almost immediately after putting that book down, "The Biographer's Tale" by A.S. Byatt and so far so good. I love her writing, and have read a bunch of her books, my favorite so far being "Possession". Her writing and stories are not for every one (my mom hated them) but I love her dry English prose. Really good, thick writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment