My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dragon Tattoo


They finally put up some of the pictures from the pagan festival I attended. That one is of the opening ritual. The center people are the "guardians", they are there to help you in any way if you need them. They are on duty, in different shifts of course, 24 hours. It's incredible they do that, because they don't get paid, they are volunteers. This picture is also one of the only ones in which I appear thanks to my anti-social behavior. Oh well. I am, of course, the woman circled in red. I don't just go around circling random people.

CocoRosie is looking a little bit better. It might just be my wishful thinking, but she does seem better. Let's hope so. She's getting her antibiotic shots and she's also getting her mouth cleansed with a saline solution.
This morning when I turned on the lights in the garage I must have really startled Damascus because I saw him literally jump. I must have woken him from a very deep slumber.

Yesterday I went to the movies. I went by myself this time because my sister was working and I, unlike her, have no qualms about going to the movies alone. I went to see "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". This movie is based on the book by Swedish writer Stieg Larsson. The book was quite famous, as was the second one. There is the third in the series coming out soon, like next week. I have not read the books, but my dad has and he really liked them so I thought to give the movie a try. Nothing else in the movie theater appealed to me, certainly not that monstrosity of a movie "Sex and the City 2". They should have called it quits after the HBO show.
Anyway, the movie was excellent. It might not be for everyone, it is subtitled, and there is quite a lot of violence in it. I had read some viewer's reviews that complained the rape scenes were gratuitous, and I can't disagree more. They are a vital part of the story line and they are done quite tastefully, if you can ever say that about a rape scene. I have seen much worse, regular sex scenes in movies half as good as this one was. So, for me, it was not really an issue. The acting was fantastic and, although it is a 2 and a half hour movie, I was never bored. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment