My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Sunday, May 16, 2010

Waves

My sister and I went to the beach yesterday. We went pretty early which was great because the number of people was much less, and the sun wasn't quite so bad. I still got too much of it for my own taste.
There were actual waves. That's not such as common an occurrence as people might think in Miami. The beaches are without a doubt beautiful, but the water stays pretty calm most of the time. Yesterday, however, there were enough waves for everyone. Both of us really enjoyed it. Our legs hurt from bracing ourselves to confront the gigantic waves. Well, not quite gigantic, but again, being dramatic comes naturally.

Topkapi is in the process of shedding as I write. She is wriggling her body, rubbing her face against different surfaces, trying to find the right one. She is going to look incredible, like always. I'm glad she still ate on Friday despite not being done shedding. She ate because her eyes were not cloudy anymore, otherwise I would have wasted a mouse. I am always reluctant, that's not even the right word, it's more like I refuse to freeze the mouse again after it's been defrosted. I don't think that's safe for my babies, so if no one wants the mouse it goes in the trash. After all, they are only 50 cents a mouse. I won't save money t the expense of my snakes' health.

No comments:

Post a Comment