My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Under the Cardboard Box


This was a picture from yesterday, but I forgot to put it up. So here it is today. I wasn't able to take Barbossa outside this afternoon because it was pouring in that obnoxious, instantaneous Miami way. He walked around my room for a while, but of course, he wasn't too happy. Blame it on the weather Gods.

I've been keeping a hawk's eye on CocoRosie, making sure she is not lacking in anything she might need. I put a bigger hiding place for her, a huge, hard cardboard box, right under the heat lamp, because when reptiles get sick (pretty much like any other animal) they need lots of warmth. I also put two different water containers, one really close to where she is so she doesn't have to go far if she is thirsty, and a bigger one in the cooler side of the cage so she can drink cool water, and even soak in it, if she needs to. We'll see how long it takes to see improvement and to get her eating again.
My sister is bringing a live pinkie for Tybalt tonight. She got one from the center where she works, knowing how concerned I am that Tybalt is not eating. As horrible as it is to put a little, live, baby mouse in the jaws of a snake, hopefully this will tempt him back to eating.
When I first got Talulah, that was the only way I got her eating regularly. Here's hoping.

I am reading a very strange book. It's called "Under the Skin" by Michel Faber. I picked it up from the library because I've read his most famous book "The Crimson Petal and the White", which I absolutely loved. This one, I'm not so sure. It's science fiction without truly being science fiction. I'm half way through and I'm not convinced yet. There really is not much action in the book, which is not necessarily something that bothers me, but it makes this particular book seem lacking in something. I don't know, maybe essence. It seems pretty hollow and cold. Maybe that was Mr. Faber's point, but it's done kind of half-heartedly if so. I don't hate it, but I would not really recommend it. It's more background noise than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment