My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm Ready for my Closeup


Kiss, kiss.

Yeah I know it's not the best picture, but she was being too damn cute not to post it. Topkapi is such a curious animal. But, then, all my snakes seem to have been bitten by the curiosity bug.
Some days it's like having badly behaving 5 year olds, by which I include ALL 5 year olds, running around the house.
At least snakes can't speak. I can't even begin to imagine the things that could come out of Topkapi's mouth, or CocoRosie's. The cursing would be atrocious.

Barbossa was moving around his cage today, stalking something. Of course, there was nothing in the cage, so either he was hallucinating or he was practicing his predatory skills. I hope it's the latter, not only because an insane snake could maybe turn out to be a bit challenging, but also because he really needs the practice. He is the worst predator that walks or slithers the Earth. Sorry Barbossa, but it's the truth.

Yesterday I saw Coral yawn. She is such a beautiful animal. Her face looks a little bit like the dragon from "How to Train Your Dragon", Toothless. She opened her mouth and held it open in a huge yawn for a few seconds. The inside is a light, baby girl, pink. I only had a few seconds but it was enough for a loud "Aw" on my part. Then she saw me, shut her mouth immediately, and dove for cover under the mulch. These animals...

No comments:

Post a Comment