My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dragons!

Today my sister and I went to see "How to Train your Dragon". Since it is about HUGE reptiles, we had to go see it. It also doesn't hurt that the dragons look cute as hell.
This movie was great. I looked at the ratings that the critics and the viewers gave it, and I can see why they loved it so much. It is a surprisingly touching story, with tons of funny moments, wonderful animation and my favorite quote of the month: "Thank you, you useless reptile". I am planning on putting those words to much use in the coming weeks. The movie really is too cute for words, so the only thing I can say is go see it immediately.
I am so pushy.

While I was getting ready to leave this morning, I took Topkapi out. She loves when I let her play in my makeup bag, well, it's more of a basket. She crawls all over it and flicks her tongue out to see what all those different scents are. I remember one time she was extra needy, and I was trying to put mascara on, but she wanted me to pay attention to HER. So, she crawled all the way up my arm until she reached the stick of mascara and started flicking her tongue. I had to put the mascara down. One more victory for Topkapi.
Today I was wearing a kind of satiny dress and she seemed to revel in the feel of it, she kept crawling back and forth. She also almost fell, but it's better not to speak of that, I would not want to embarrass her.
Coral is curled up inside her water bowl because she is about to shed. I always worry when she does that, even though she is a full grown snake and can take care of herself. It makes me nervous when she puts her head underwater, but I must let her do her thing. She is wiser than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment