My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Friday, May 21, 2010

Feeding Frenzy Friday Part 9

Tybalt did not eat, yet again. He seemed interested when I first put the pinkie in front of him, but then he changed his mind. I have scrubbed his cage and not handled him at all this week, so at least it's not something I'm causing. But why doesn't he eat!?
CocoRosie is also refusing food. I didn't pester her too much today. When I saw that by the third strike she was getting pretty worked up I backet away and closed the cage. No point in upsetting her and getting her to burn needless calories. I must be patient.
Damascus ate without problem, as did Coral and Talulah. Coral was hilarious today. She struck the mouse almost immediately, but she got it by the middle. So, being pretty smart, she knows that she can't swallow the mouse sideways. She instantly let go and attacked again. This time she got it by the tail. Again, frustrated she let it go. You could almost see the steam coming from out of her nostrils, she was so pissed. She must have struck four more times before I had to position the mouse with its snout pointing perfectly in her direction. Finally, she was able to grab it in the correct spot.

Later today I'll be baking brownies. I'll probably use a really simple recipe, but I'll post it later anyways.

Ok, I realized I didn't have eggs, so I didn't make brownies, but a kind of banana bread. Here's the recipe:

1 cup flour
2/3 cup orange juice
1 banana
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup sugar (I used brown)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. flaked coconut
4 tbsp. oil
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Mash the banana and mix it with the orange juice. Set aside. Mix all the dry ingredients and add to the banana mixture. Add chocolate chips and coconut flakes. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 F. for 40-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment