My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Friday, May 7, 2010

Feeding Frenzy Friday Part 7

I just finished feeding the babies. CocoRosie did not eat, yet again, so I am reaching a critical worry level, but what can I do? Keep trying and hope for the best, I guess. Talulah ate hers with gusto and Damascus ate three pinkies. Even though Tybalt is not done shedding, he seemed interested in the food today, so I defrosted a mouse for him. He didn't eat it, so I gave it to Damascus. I gave his first mouse and he had a weird grip on it, but he wouldn't let it go so he could reposition it. I tried giving him another one, so that he would open his mouth and let the other one go, but he ended up taking the second one at the same time as the first one. He had two pinkies in his mouth at the same time and he proceeded to eat them both without problems. What a glutton.
Topkapi has bright blue eyes so there's no mouse for her today and also none for Coral, who is also shedding. Barbossa will eat his tomorrow, so I get to take him out walking a bit this afternoon. It looks really gloomy outside, hopefully it won't rain so I can take him to walk around the pool.

I haven't mentioned Vincent in a little while. He is doing beautifully. He seems really comfortable and happy with his cage and with us. He eats like a fiend and he is already quite chubby. Rats have extremely fast metabolisms so fat is good. He sleeps the whole day, but at night he goes absolutely nuts. He crawls and climbs all over his cage, he plays with his stuffed toy (a Scooby Doo plush animal) and he eats, and eats, and eats...
Vincent really is a sweet animal, he has not bitten any of us, which is good because the size of his teeth is quite frightening. He's becoming a vital member of our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment