My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Heat Wave

I am holding Miss Topkapi in my lap. She is also about to shed, so she's looking very scruffy. Don't tell her I said that. Pretty soon, in about a day or so, she will have bright blue, cloudy eyes and all she'll want to do is sleep.
Damascus finished shedding yesterday and he looks absolutely beautiful. Shiny.
The air conditioning in the garage is not working properly so I've had to resort to drastic measures to keep my babies healthy. They need their lights but not the heat, because it is sweltering in there. So, I have rigged the heat lamps so that they are dangling from the cages, so they see the light but do not feel any of the heat. Hopefully I can keep this up until we can get the air fixed. CocoRosie does not seem too happy with this arrangement, and I'm sure if I had a "suggestions box" I would find it filled with all kinds of curse words and disparaging messages, but it's the best I can manage. Sorry.

I just finished taking Barbossa out. It's night by now, I had to put a halt to my earlier typing because dogs needed to be fed, turtles needed to be cleaned, etc. So now I am picking up where I left off this morning, well, kind of.
I brought Barbossa downstairs today, but not outside, just in the middle of the living room. He has been there before, but he acted as though he were in the middle of the predator-infested Amazon. He moved his head a bit, but did not want to travel around. I guess I will not be bringing him to the living room again. Tomorrow I will try to redeem myself and take him to walk outside. I didn't today because it really was so hot outside, which for a snake might be perfect, but for me was quite uncomfortable. I will put aside my own discomfort tomorrow and be a good snake mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment