My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Expensive Ice

Barbossa ate his two mice yesterday. He is getting much better at being a predator. He rarely misses anymore and when he does miss he still tries again. Maybe he is getting more confident as he gets older, which is a great thing to see.
Last night I ordered more mice for my little snakes. The regular sized mice I get from the wildlife center where my sister works since it's much cheaper and quicker, but when I need to get pinkies or fuzzies I have to order them online. The mice themselves are not expensive, I bought them yesterday at 0.14 cents a fuzzie, the only problem is the shipping costs. They have to package it with a ton of ice, so the cost goes up. I paid $40 just in shipping. That's something else people need to take into consideration before buying a snake. Yes, it is best to get a baby snake so that it gets used to humans from the very beginning, but can you afford their food? You can't just walk into a pet store and ask for baby mice. They don't have them. It is a pretty expensive "hobby" to have.

I took a Stephen King book with me while i camped. I know myself enough to realize that no matter how good my intentions are to be social in a situation like the pagan festival (or any other event where there's people), I always find myself alone with a book. I can't help it. Books are more interesting than people (yes, I know books are written by people). I took "Lisey's Story". I haven't finished it yet, but I cannot praise it enough. This is, I think, the best Stephen King book I've read so far. How can people say bad things about his writing? It's not Dostoevsky, and you can't judge it as that, but his writing makes me think and makes me happy to have eyes to read, so what's wrong with that? Nothing, just a bunch of uptight literary critics. Anyway, I'm running out of pages and I don't want it to end. It's too good. Read it, read it, read it.

I just fnished baking some cookies. They are Swedish. Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 F.
Cream butter and sugar. Add the honey and the egg. Add flour, salt, cinnamon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll out and cut into desired shapes. Bake in prepared pan 5-7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment