My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Sunday, July 25, 2010

Addition to Family

I have another snake! My mom came home today with Barbossa's mice and a tiny (I mean tiny), beautiful corn snake. She is shedding, but I can already see how gorgeous her coloring is and how sweet she's going to be. I say she, but I really don't know if my new baby is a female or male. When she gets older I'll sex her and fix the pronouns accordingly. No name yet, I'll try to pick one that can apply to either sex. She is sooooo cute!
Thank the Gods I had an extra tank, an extra lamp and thermometer and hydrometer that my sister got for me, so I was pretty much all set. I'll see if she can swallow the same fare that Talulah and Damascus eats, she looks so little, but she can probably handle it. I'll let her shed and get adjusted for a few days and then I'll try to feed her.

Yesterday, my sister and I went to see "Inception". It was very good. For the first half hour or so I was a bit concerned that the movie was going to be a lot of undoubtedly cool special effects, but nothing more. As the story progressed, however, it stopped being so much about visual as about plot, which made it a great movie. It can get pretty complex at points, I can imagine the writers with pulsing migraines while they thought it out. The ending is evil. Go watch it and I'm sure you'll agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment